In 1937, during the Great Depression, Napoleon Hill wrote “Think and Grow Rich” – one of the best books ever written on the subject of personal development and success. Napoleon Hill has inspired millions of people and has been a major influence in the work of today’s biggest motivational speakers and coaches, including Steven Covey and Anthony Robbins.
In his book, Napoleon Hill discusses eleven traits of successful leaders. Not only are these leadership characteristics essential in any professional leadership role, more importantly, they can serve you as great points of reference in your personal life. You are the leader of your own life. You shape your destiny based on the choices and decisions you make each and every day.
Keep this list in mind as you navigate through your own life’s journey. These cornerstone qualities will heighten your awareness and encourage you to assume full responsibility for your life and become the leader you were meant to be.
Life Coaching Questions:
As you read through the list below, ask yourself the following questions:
- Which leadership qualities am I consciously expressing in my daily life?
- What personal qualities are not in alignment with my current lifestyle?
- What leadership traits are currently not being expressed in my life? What is preventing me from integrating them into my life? How can I become a better steward of my own life?
- What am I committed to? What choices will I make?
Here are the eleven leadership traits as discussed by Napoleon Hill.
1. Unwavering courage
2. Self control
3. A keen sense of justice
4. Definiteness of decision
5. Definiteness of plans
6. Doing more than one is paid for
7. A pleasing personality
8. Sympathy and understanding
9. Mastery of detail
10. Willingness to assume full responsibility
St. Louis career coach
,life coach st louis